2014-10-21> Update on the Japan releases: The one-disc version appears to have no extra tracks. On the two-disc version "Invisible" is listed as a sixth track (yes listed separate from "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight", and "The Crystal Ballroom (12-Inch Remix)" is listed as track seven on the OBI (on the second disc.)
2014-10-09> The official site is now streaming "The Crystal Ballroom (12" Mix)" for subscribers. You will have to be logged in to hear the song. The song runs 7:27 and is a 256kbps mp3 file. This mix is not available on the deluxe version, and so far is only known to be coming on the vinyl versions of the album. The page doesn't mention whether it is streaming for a limited time but in the past, u2.com has sometimes limited things, so take a listen while you can.
2014-10-02> There's been a number of interviews again this week airing on radio stations:
Clicking on the links above will take you to the station pages where they are streaming the interview. These may be up for limited times. See also our list below of the earlier promo blitz.
2014-09-29> Perhaps a way to break the Grammy cutoff tomorrow? Starting yesterday Amoeba Records in California were selling a limited number of 12-inch white label copies of the new U2 album. This is a one-disc release with just the songs that were available in the iTunes release, with no bonus track. The black vinyl has a white label on each side reminiscent of what we saw in the Apple release. And the whole thing is being released in a white sleeve. It is NOT an Amoeba exclusive however, and one store in Long Island is now selling these, but only to customers who visit in store. Amoeba estimated having 20-30 copies per store and the store in NY says 300 copies were pressed. More info as we find it...(Amoeba is now sold out - sorry!) The catalog number for this release is B0022141-02 and the UPC code is 6 02547 05525 5. Copyright information and the Interscope logo are on side B.
2014-09-26> Amp Visual have posted a photo of the Deluxe Edition.
2014-09-26> The 12-inch version of the album is now listing the bonus track as "The Crystal Ballroom (12" Mix)" - previously it was just refered to as an exclusive remix. The digital "Deluxe Version" will include the following tracks:
The bonus disc has an overall run time of 46:15. Bono has mentioned that "Invisible" may show up as well, and it was suggested to me that there would be a hidden track on the album (a hidden track called "Invisible"?). Adding to this speculation, Amazon in France have listed "Invisible" as part of the title of the last song. And the track timings show an overall song length of 10:27 for the last track. If "Invisible" is showing up it's likely at the end of disc two in my opinion. Remember Billboard suggested there were additional tracks being shopped around for exclusives to some retailers, if anyone has any information please contact us. The packaging for the deluxe version is a bespoke 6-panel digipack printed full colour with high-shine clear gloss, spot varnish overprint, there are 2 printed wallets inserted at either end of the packaging to contain the two CDs. There are also two 16-panel booklets. Each CD label has a white printed body with a high-shine clear gloss, spot varnish overlay.
- Lucifer's Hands (3:54)
- The Crystal Ballroom (4:39)
- Every Breaking Wave (from Acoustic Sessions) (4:28)
- California (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:19)
- Raised by Wolves (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:57)
- Cedarwood Road (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:18)
- Song for Someone (from Acoustic Sessions) (3:35)
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) (Busker Version) (4:06)
- The Troubles (Alternative Version) (4:32)
- Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake) (10:27)
2014-09-23> There was a barrage of promo interviews done over the last week around the world with various media outlets. We've tried to keep them straight for you - but let us know if we are missing any:
- Radio Cidade, Brazil: Bono interviewed
- Absolute Radio, London UK: Bono interviews with Christian O'Connell
- Radio FFN, Hannover Germany: Edge interviews with Julia Bamberg
- KFOG 104.5 San Francisco: Bono interviews with Renee
- KINK FM, Portland Oregon, USA (Bono interviews with Shiela and Marconi)
- Radio Koeln, Germany: Bono interviews with Katharina te Uhle (No current known download link)
- CHOM 97.7 Radio, Montreal, Canada: Adam interviews with Terry Dimonte
- Edge 102.1 Radio Interview, Toronto, Canada: Bono interviews with Alan Cross
- Perros de la Calle Interview, Argentina: Adam Clayton
- KROQ Radio, Los Angeles, USA: Bono interviewed on Kevin and Bean show
- SWR3 Radio, Germany: Bono interviewed on morning show
- KITS 105.3 Radio, San Francisco, USA: Bono intereviewed by Kevin Klein
- WXRT 93 Radio, Chicago, USA: Bono interviewed by Marty Lennartz
- BBC Radio 2, London UK: Bono interviewed by Jo Whiley
- The End 107.7, Seattle, USA: Bono interviewed by Gregr
- KBCO-FM 97.3 Morning Show, Denver, USA: Bono interviewed by Bret Saunders
- Sunday: RTE2, Dublin Ireland (Bono with Dave Fanning)
- TIME Magazine has posted some video interviews and the band will be on the next international cover
2014-09-14> In case you missed our conversation on twitter, it appears that the cover in use on Beats (Apples streaming product) is different than the cover in use in iTunes. You can see the two images side by side in the following image that we have posted.
2014-09-12> Billboard Article reveals Universal Musics current plans for the in-store release of "Songs of Innocence" including info on bonus tracks, and price points.
2014-09-11> In an article on Billboard today they mention that sources claim that U2 are ready for the backlash of this being an iTunes only launch and "to entice retailers, Universal is offering four tracks that iTunes will not have until November, according to sources. Some retailers could walk away with more tracks, as sources say Universal has three additional tracks for select retailers". The four additional tracks are mentioned and named below in the news, but these three additional tracks may be something new and exciting. Anyone with any information on retailer specific releases, please drop us a note.
2014-09-11> The Apple keynote address is available as a video podcast. Which means you can relive U2's performance of "The Miracle" over and over again in HD. Point your iTunes to the store, and then to the podcasts, and look for the Apple keynote.
2014-09-10> "The Miracle" is the first single release from the new album. Cover is available to be viewed here.
2014-09-09> Available now to all iTunes users worldwide, a free download of U2's newest, and just announced album "Songs of Innocence". Download available until mid-October. A physical copy will be released on October 13. A deluxe version will be released at that time, featuring two 5-inch CDs. Will contain an acoustic session of select songs from the album plus four additional tracks: Lucifer's Hands, The Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles (Alternative version), Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake). A 2-disc white vinyl release will also appear that day with an exclusive remix of The Crystal Ballroom. Cover is available to be viewed here.
2014-09-09> First real news update in a long long time. Welcome back.
We're feeding twitter updates onto the front page for now, longer articles are up on a separate weblog. At some point the site will be re-architectured and things will be a bit less scattered.