2014-09-19> There was a barrage of promo interviews done yesterday and today around the world with various media outlets. We've tried to keep them straight for you - but let us know if we are missing any.
- CHOM 97.7 Radio, Montreal, Canada: Adam interviews with Terry Dimonte
- Edge 102.1 Radio Interview, Toronto, Canada: Bono interviews with Alan Cross
- Perros de la Calle Interview, Argentina: Adam Clayton
- KROQ Radio, Los Angeles, USA: Bono interviewed on Kevin and Bean show
- SWR3 Radio, Germany: Bono interviewed on morning show
- KITS 105.3 Radio, San Francisco, USA: Bono intereviewed by Kevin Klein
- WXRT 93 Radio, Chicago, USA: Bono interviewed by Marty Lennartz
- BBC Radio 2, London UK: Bono interviewed by Jo Whiley
- The End 107.7, Seattle, USA: Bono interviewed by Gregr
- KBCO-FM 97.3 Morning Show, Denver, USA: Bono interviewed by Bret Saunders
- TIME Magazine has posted some video interviews and the band will be on the next international cover
On top of that we know of a couple of upcoming interviews that are scheduled for later:
- Sunday: RTE2, Dublin Ireland (with Dave Fanning) (10am local time)
- Monday: KINK FM, Portland Oregon, USA (9am local time - PST)
- Monday: Radio Cidade, Brazil (8pm local time - AST)
2014-09-14> In case you missed our conversation on twitter, it appears that the cover in use on Beats (Apples streaming product) is different than the cover in use in iTunes. You can see the two images side by side in the following image that we have posted.
2014-09-12> Billboard Article reveals Universal Musics current plans for the in-store release of "Songs of Innocence" including info on bonus tracks, and price points.
2014-09-11> In an article on Billboard today they mention that sources claim that U2 are ready for the backlash of this being an iTunes only launch and "to entice retailers, Universal is offering four tracks that iTunes will not have until November, according to sources. Some retailers could walk away with more tracks, as sources say Universal has three additional tracks for select retailers". The four additional tracks are mentioned and named below in the news, but these three additional tracks may be something new and exciting. Anyone with any information on retailer specific releases, please drop us a note.
2014-09-11> The Apple keynote address is available as a video podcast. Which means you can relive U2's performance of "The Miracle" over and over again in HD. Point your iTunes to the store, and then to the podcasts, and look for the Apple keynote.
2014-09-10> "The Miracle" is the first single release from the new album. Cover is available to be viewed here.
2014-09-09> Available now to all iTunes users worldwide, a free download of U2's newest, and just announced album "Songs of Innocence". Download available until mid-October. A physical copy will be released on October 13. A deluxe version will be released at that time, featuring two 5-inch CDs. Will contain an acoustic session of select songs from the album plus four additional tracks: Lucifer's Hands, The Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles (Alternative version), Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake). A 2-disc white vinyl release will also appear that day with an exclusive remix of The Crystal Ballroom. Cover is available to be viewed here.
2014-09-09> First real news update in a long long time. Welcome back.
We're feeding twitter updates onto the front page for now, longer articles are up on a separate weblog. At some point the site will be re-architectured and things will be a bit less scattered.